Beauty giant, Estée Lauder, bought Dr Jart+ in 2019 as part of a $1.1 billion deal for Have & Be Co. Since then it’s contributed a great deal to company’s skincare category growth, contributing 7 percent to the second quarter of 2020.
This acquisition marked Estée Lauder’s first Asian Beauty Brand purchase and while some claim the K-beauty boom peaked in 2019, Estée Lauder are hoping to reinforce it’s popularity by relaunching post covid.
Vogue Business reported, Dr. Jart+ will start in the UK and, if successful, similar initiatives will follow in the EU and the US.
Why have Estée Lauder choosen to re launch Dr Jart in the UK? Well, skincare is a resistant industry and during the pandemic, it’s continued to grow.
This Cosmetic’s Business article even suggested that more US women are using skin care products compared to 12 months ago.
The reason’s for this vary. People aren’t going out, so need less make-up. They want use this time to look after their skin. Consumers are more invested in multipurpose products. They want to use products that are good for them.
Dr Jart is well positioned to take the lead for Estée Lauder in this category because it has always been an innovative brand. With sales shifting online, Dr Jart has managed to evolve just as quickly.
The brand adopted this new normal by working with 3D digital artist Rek0de, who uses AR to blend real and virtual worlds.
Using a QR code on site and packaging, users scan using a smartphone, opens a portal of a 360-degree view of London’s Piccadilly Circus.
The QR codes also allow the user to learn a plethora of information about each product. Innovation and education is clearly at the heart of this brand, this new digital-based immersion is exactly the reinvigoration the beauty industry has needed for a long time.
Photos courtesy of Dr Jart+
- Skincare Products With Salicylic AcidWelcome, to another new series, this time it’s all about helping you find products that contain your favourite skincare actives and today it’s products with Salicylic Acid in them. This time it’s less educational and more about helping you navigate skincare with real world options. However, if you do want to learn more about salicylic…
- ZitSticka Launches Skin SupplementZitSticka is entering the supplement game (in the EU) with Skin Discipline and I’ve tried it. Here’s everything you need to know plus, my thoughts. It’s clinically proven to reduce common acne within 12 weeks and the much hyped up supplement is finally coming to Europe! Inside the product you’ll find a blend of vitamins,…
- What Are The Menstrual Cycle Phases?Also, a little bit on cycle mapping.
- Q and A With Maura Higgins About New Inglot CollaborationMaura Higgins is adding 14 brand new vegan and cruelty-free products, less than a year since she unveiled her debut Inglot x Maura beauty line with Inglot Cosmetics. Maura unveiled her debut best-selling makeup collection n June 2020 to widespread acclaim and has since released the Eye Define, Contour & Shine Brush Set, the limited edition Starstruck…
- Five Skincare Myths DebunkedAt the request of many Instagram DM’s, I created the second in my ‘debunked series’. It was appreciated by many on Instagram, So I thought I’d share it here too! 1 You don’t need to moisturise if you have oily skin? Very oily and very dry skin are caused by the same thing, dehydration. Oily…