Beauty giant, Estée Lauder, bought Dr Jart+ in 2019 as part of a $1.1 billion deal for Have & Be Co. Since then it’s contributed a great deal to company’s skincare category growth, contributing 7 percent to the second quarter of 2020.
This acquisition marked Estée Lauder’s first Asian Beauty Brand purchase and while some claim the K-beauty boom peaked in 2019, Estée Lauder are hoping to reinforce it’s popularity by relaunching post covid.
Vogue Business reported, Dr. Jart+ will start in the UK and, if successful, similar initiatives will follow in the EU and the US.
Why have Estée Lauder choosen to re launch Dr Jart in the UK? Well, skincare is a resistant industry and during the pandemic, it’s continued to grow.
This Cosmetic’s Business article even suggested that more US women are using skin care products compared to 12 months ago.
The reason’s for this vary. People aren’t going out, so need less make-up. They want use this time to look after their skin. Consumers are more invested in multipurpose products. They want to use products that are good for them.
Dr Jart is well positioned to take the lead for Estée Lauder in this category because it has always been an innovative brand. With sales shifting online, Dr Jart has managed to evolve just as quickly.
The brand adopted this new normal by working with 3D digital artist Rek0de, who uses AR to blend real and virtual worlds.
Using a QR code on site and packaging, users scan using a smartphone, opens a portal of a 360-degree view of London’s Piccadilly Circus.
The QR codes also allow the user to learn a plethora of information about each product. Innovation and education is clearly at the heart of this brand, this new digital-based immersion is exactly the reinvigoration the beauty industry has needed for a long time.
Photos courtesy of Dr Jart+
- Can You Use Glycolic Acid Everyday?It is generally not recommended to use glycolic acid every day, as it can be irritating to the skin. It is typically used once or twice a week. However, the frequency of use may vary depending on the concentration of the glycolic acid and the specific product that you are using. It is important to […]
- My Top 5 Christmas Beauty Gifts 2022The 1st of December can only mean one thing, its Christmas gift guide day! Every year the anxiety inducing panic of gift buying commences and every year, I try to help you distinguish what is actually worthwhile, with a well research ‘Christmas beauty gift guide’. Before we begin let me remind you of how I […]
- Is Botox Regulated In The UK? Professionals Agree That Regulation of the Aesthetics Sector Must Now Become a PriorityBy Dr Cormac Convery Contrary to popular myth, most people do not approach the medical intervention of aesthetic surgery lightly. Rather, they are seeking a practical and permanent solution to an issue which has been adversely affecting their lives. In the overwhelming majority of procedures carried out by sensible, qualified professionals, this is exactly the […]
- CurrentBody, LED Mask ReviewIn today’s hot seat is CurrentBody’s Skin LED Light Therapy Mask, also known as the mask loved by Kristin Davis, Kaley Cuoco, Suki Waterhouse, Nina Garcia, Oscar nominee Carey Mulligan and many more. Before, CurrentBody sent me this mask, I had never used LED skincare before. I like to play skincare safely. I don’t use […]
- In Conversation With Nichola Joss, Lymphatic Drainage Massage ExpertIt was an uncharacteristically hot day in London when I went to visit Nichola Joss at the Mandarin Oriental. Nichola and I first met during a consultation through the online service Get Harley (which you can read more about here). I was testing the service for a blog post and wasn’t sure what to expect. […]