Allure’s owner’s Conde Nast, announced they are opening an experimental store, that will include an assortment of beauty products curated for Allure’s readership.
This may be considered a strange move by Conde Nast, give the pandemic we find ourselves in. However, they are pushing ahead through a licensing partnership with STÔUR Group.
The retail concept will be opened on New York City’s Lafayette Street later this year and will offer shoppers a 360-degree immersive retail experience.
The reason for the store?
Allure celebrate’s its 30th birthday this year. What’s more impressive, however, is that they have consistently brought in more traffic than the year previous.
The publication believe’s this reflect’s consumer reliance on the insights and product recommendations from beauty experts they trust. Meaning they have found another way to monetise their 25 million readership.
“The Allure audience has shown that it’s intensely loyal and trusts our expertise—something we are so grateful for. We’re thrilled that the Allure Store provides us with the opportunity to really connect with them, and to truly bring the brand to life,” said Michelle Lee, Allure’s Editor in Chief.
“This space will allow us to introduce our brand to new beauty enthusiasts and expand the Allure family.”
Allure may find it has a very different experience however. Their partnership with The STÔUR Group, is a good start. The Group specialises in bringing online destinations offline into physical retail.
Additionally, Allure readers really trust them. So much so, the Allure Best of Beauty seal generates $82 million in revenue for the brands that receive the award each year.
However, we can’t make many predictions just yet. It will be exciting to see how they convert their online audience into a physical one.
Photos courtesy of Allure
- Q and A With Maura Higgins About New Inglot CollaborationMaura Higgins is adding 14 brand new vegan and cruelty-free products, less than a year since she unveiled her debut Inglot x Maura beauty line with Inglot Cosmetics. Maura unveiled her debut best-selling makeup collection n June 2020 to widespread acclaim and has since released the Eye Define, Contour & Shine Brush Set, the limited edition Starstruck…
- Five Skincare Myths DebunkedAt the request of many Instagram DM’s, I created the second in my ‘debunked series’. It was appreciated by many on Instagram, So I thought I’d share it here too! 1 You don’t need to moisturise if you have oily skin? Very oily and very dry skin are caused by the same thing, dehydration. Oily…
- Kat Von D’s Former Makeup Line Have Revealed Their Latest ProductKat Von D is a brand that you either love or hate. From the brand’s founder (of the same name) feuds with Jeffree Star to her selling her shares and then the multiple re-brands, the brand has just about survived. Now, they’ve got something new to share…. but with an old logo? Beauty News on…
- Kiehls Celebrates It’s 170th BirthdayKiehls has been officially been around for 170 years! The brand has started its celebrations this week by launching their heritage and commemorative collections. A brief history of Kiehls The brand was launched by a family in New York City in 1851. The aim of the brand, which has stayed consistent throughout the years, was…
- What Is Lactic Acid? The Essential Skincare AlphabetToday we are tackling L and the one ingredient, that still gets the most questions, is lactic acid. It’s the type of ingredient that seems suitable for everyone but because it may not work for everyone, is perplexing. And believe me I know, I have done tonnes of posts on this. Like this one: Read…