Allure’s owner’s Conde Nast, announced they are opening an experimental store, that will include an assortment of beauty products curated for Allure’s readership.
This may be considered a strange move by Conde Nast, give the pandemic we find ourselves in. However, they are pushing ahead through a licensing partnership with STÔUR Group.
The retail concept will be opened on New York City’s Lafayette Street later this year and will offer shoppers a 360-degree immersive retail experience.
The reason for the store?
Allure celebrate’s its 30th birthday this year. What’s more impressive, however, is that they have consistently brought in more traffic than the year previous.
The publication believe’s this reflect’s consumer reliance on the insights and product recommendations from beauty experts they trust. Meaning they have found another way to monetise their 25 million readership.
“The Allure audience has shown that it’s intensely loyal and trusts our expertise—something we are so grateful for. We’re thrilled that the Allure Store provides us with the opportunity to really connect with them, and to truly bring the brand to life,” said Michelle Lee, Allure’s Editor in Chief.
“This space will allow us to introduce our brand to new beauty enthusiasts and expand the Allure family.”
Allure may find it has a very different experience however. Their partnership with The STÔUR Group, is a good start. The Group specialises in bringing online destinations offline into physical retail.
Additionally, Allure readers really trust them. So much so, the Allure Best of Beauty seal generates $82 million in revenue for the brands that receive the award each year.
However, we can’t make many predictions just yet. It will be exciting to see how they convert their online audience into a physical one.
Photos courtesy of Allure
- The Kiehls Quiz, Moisturiser EditionThe Kiehls quiz is here! Since I created the quiz section of my site, the requests have been poring through. After The Ordinary, Kiehls has been the most requested. I’m assuming because they have a huge catalogue of products to choose from. It’s so big in fact, the quiz has to be broken down into…
- Best Black Friday Skincare DealsLast years Black Friday post went down a treat. So, this year I knew I had to do it again but this time it’s all about skincare. Here are the best black Friday skincare deals I could find! Honestly, this list came together through just hours of me trawling the web. I wasn’t sure of…
- The Ordinary Niacinamide Vs Hyaluronic Acid QuizThe Ordinary Niacinamide Vs Hyaluronic Acid quiz is a much need post. You may be coming hot off the heels of my last post Niacinamide vs Hyaluronic Acid, looking for an easy way to compare your skin needs. Well, this is it. This quiz directly compares your skincare needs to decipher which of these active…
- Niacinamide Vs Hyaluronic AcidIf you’ve followed Science and Skincare for any amount of time, you’ll be aware of my posts on acids. Niacinamide vs Hyaluronic Acid will be the highly requested addition to the category that made this site popular. Depending on your skincare knowledge, choosing between the two will either be easy or incredibly difficult. However, one…
- Lilly Ghalichi Opens Up About Botched Filler But What Is Vascular Occlusion?It’s only been a few days since Lilly Ghalichi showed us pictures of her botched filler job and now we can finally ask the question ‘what is vascular occlusion?’. Over the last ten years the use of dermal fillers has risen exponentially. They have been regarded as a relatively safe way to alter your face.…