Influencers have been told, by the Advertising Standards Authority, that they cannot apply to social media adverts if they exaggerate the effect of the product.
The ASA ruled this, in direct response to the #filterdrop campaign that called for it to be compulsory for influencers to state when they use a beauty filter to promote skincare or cosmetics.
The #filterdrop campaign was started by Sacha Pallari in July 2020.
Miss Pallari told the BBC, ‘I feel like the detrimental effect this is having on social media users has finally been taken seriously and this is a huge step in the right direction for how filters are used and the way cosmetics are advertised online.’
‘I can now help make a difference to how these women view themselves in the mirror and that’s amazing’
Photos via Sasha Pallari
- Can You Use Glycolic Acid Everyday?It is generally not recommended to use glycolic acid every day, as it can be irritating to the skin. It is typically used once or twice a week. However, the frequency of use may vary depending on the concentration of the glycolic acid and the specific product that you are using. It is important to […]
- My Top 5 Christmas Beauty Gifts 2022The 1st of December can only mean one thing, its Christmas gift guide day! Every year the anxiety inducing panic of gift buying commences and every year, I try to help you distinguish what is actually worthwhile, with a well research ‘Christmas beauty gift guide’. Before we begin let me remind you of how I […]
- Is Botox Regulated In The UK? Professionals Agree That Regulation of the Aesthetics Sector Must Now Become a PriorityBy Dr Cormac Convery Contrary to popular myth, most people do not approach the medical intervention of aesthetic surgery lightly. Rather, they are seeking a practical and permanent solution to an issue which has been adversely affecting their lives. In the overwhelming majority of procedures carried out by sensible, qualified professionals, this is exactly the […]
- CurrentBody, LED Mask ReviewIn today’s hot seat is CurrentBody’s Skin LED Light Therapy Mask, also known as the mask loved by Kristin Davis, Kaley Cuoco, Suki Waterhouse, Nina Garcia, Oscar nominee Carey Mulligan and many more. Before, CurrentBody sent me this mask, I had never used LED skincare before. I like to play skincare safely. I don’t use […]
- In Conversation With Nichola Joss, Lymphatic Drainage Massage ExpertIt was an uncharacteristically hot day in London when I went to visit Nichola Joss at the Mandarin Oriental. Nichola and I first met during a consultation through the online service Get Harley (which you can read more about here). I was testing the service for a blog post and wasn’t sure what to expect. […]