The Fédération des Entreprises de la Beauté, also known as the FEBEA, has announced that France will be the first country in the EU to be able to export “ordinary” cosmetics to China without animal testing.
How can they do this? China changed their rules.
On January 11th, Chinese authorities published the final cosmetics regulations framework which includes no longer requiring animal testing on “ordinary ” cosmetic products.
To place an ‘ordinary’ product on the Chinese market you now have to only produce a certificate of Good Manufacturing Practices. These are issued by the competent authorities of their country of origin.
Manufactures will also have to undergo a product safety assessment.
These changes are set to be implemented on the 1st of May.
But what exactly are ‘ordinary’ beauty products ?
It may be easier to answer which products aren’t ‘ordinary’. Any products used for hair colouring, perming, and hair loss are not ‘ordinary. Also, sun protection and children’s products are not considered ‘ordinary’.
But why is this such a big deal?
This is a huge win for animal welfare group, who have been seeking to change China’s stance on animal testing for years.
It also opens up the market, allowing Chinese consumers to use French beauty brands and expands the growth of the cruelty-free movement.
“We are delighted with this progress, which rewards several years of efforts made with the Chinese authorities,” Patrick O’Quin, President of the FEBEA, commented.
The cosmetics sector is the only one to have completely banned animal testing in Europe, and we are happy to continue to develop regulations in other parts of the world. This agreement will also allow French cosmetic companies to export under new conditions to China. This country is today our second trading partner.”
- Bubble Skincare Is Now In WalmartBubble Skincare is the fast growing beauty brand that is now available in Walmart. However, this may be the first time you’re hearing about this brand. It is relatively new, it launched in November 2020. Also, if you’re not a teenager, this may not be the brand for you. It’s extremely teen-centric skin care products…
- What Is Butylene Glycol In Skincare?Butylene Glycol plays a very important role in skincare. It improves the texture and penetrability of your skincare. Butylene Glycol summary This ingredient is commonly used in skincare because it has a few important uses. These include enhancing the stability of a formula, the penetrability and the texture. It may also increase skin hydration by…
- Kumiko Skincare Partners With Ricky MartinKumiko Skincare has signed a partnership deal with singer Ricky Martin. The deal will see Martin advertise for the brand for the next three years. Kumiko, a brand founded by Catalina Aguirre. Aguirre worked in media for 15 years before switching gears and delving into her other passion, aesthetics. In 2017, with the aid of…
- Skincare Products With Benzoyl Peroxide In ThemIf you’ve struggled with acne you’ll know what Benzoyl Peroxide is. It’s a gold standard in the acne world. The strongest active in the fight against acne, is generally how it is referred to. But I’m sure you know that. This post is not an explainer but simply a reliable way for you to shop…
- Proven Skincare, The AI-Based Custom Skincare BrandIf you’ve tried every product under the sun and haven’t found what you’re looking for, Proven Skincare maybe your answer. In recent years skincare has been undergoing a dramatic transformation. Due mainly to the pressure to do so, skincare is getting more advanced. Education has been at the forefront of brands and influencers minds for…