Kiehls update Ultra Facial Oil Free Gel Cream and in doing so are helping to continue making the start of 2021 better than the year previous.
The Ultra Facial Family as a whole have a reputation to make even the driest of skin burst with moisture and if you have oily skin you should know that, it too is a result of dehydration. When it comes to oily skin, an oil free + hydration formula is a winning combination.
So, what did they change?
Well, after being in the market for almost 8 years, Kiehls decided to make this product even more hydrating.
It’s all to do with the climate. Recent climate research* indicates that the world is getting hotter, more polluted, and more humid. In turn, making the skin appear greasier and more prone to breakouts.
Due to this, Kiehls, decided it was necessary to utilise its newest, most innovative ingredients to give us more hydration whilst sticking to its non-drying, alcohol free formula.
What are those ingredients? Let’s take a look..
This is quite literally derived from sea glaciers. It’a a protein that has a unique ability to thrive in extreme cold conditions, it deeply hydrates skin to help protect and prevent water loss.
Micronised Amino Acid
These help to reduce excessive oil production, minimising the appearance of facial shine and visible pores over time.
The consensus? Based on 60 users this cream reduces the feeling of oiliness by up to 27%, visible shine by up to 24% and pore size appearance by up to 12% in just 14 days.
This is the ultimate cream for those who are in need of some serious hydration without the oil slick that can sometimes be left behind.
Buy Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream here.
*Sakuma, TH. And Maibach, HI. Skin Pharmacol Physiol 2012; 25:227-235
Photos courtesy of Kiehls
- Bubble Skincare Is Now In WalmartBubble Skincare is the fast growing beauty brand that is now available in Walmart. However, this may be the first time you’re hearing about this brand. It is relatively new, it launched in November 2020. Also, if you’re not a teenager, this may not be the brand for you. It’s extremely teen-centric skin care products…
- What Is Butylene Glycol In Skincare?Butylene Glycol plays a very important role in skincare. It improves the texture and penetrability of your skincare. Butylene Glycol summary This ingredient is commonly used in skincare because it has a few important uses. These include enhancing the stability of a formula, the penetrability and the texture. It may also increase skin hydration by…
- Kumiko Skincare Partners With Ricky MartinKumiko Skincare has signed a partnership deal with singer Ricky Martin. The deal will see Martin advertise for the brand for the next three years. Kumiko, a brand founded by Catalina Aguirre. Aguirre worked in media for 15 years before switching gears and delving into her other passion, aesthetics. In 2017, with the aid of…
- Skincare Products With Benzoyl Peroxide In ThemIf you’ve struggled with acne you’ll know what Benzoyl Peroxide is. It’s a gold standard in the acne world. The strongest active in the fight against acne, is generally how it is referred to. But I’m sure you know that. This post is not an explainer but simply a reliable way for you to shop…
- Proven Skincare, The AI-Based Custom Skincare BrandIf you’ve tried every product under the sun and haven’t found what you’re looking for, Proven Skincare maybe your answer. In recent years skincare has been undergoing a dramatic transformation. Due mainly to the pressure to do so, skincare is getting more advanced. Education has been at the forefront of brands and influencers minds for…