Kiehls update Ultra Facial Oil Free Gel Cream and in doing so are helping to continue making the start of 2021 better than the year previous.
The Ultra Facial Family as a whole have a reputation to make even the driest of skin burst with moisture and if you have oily skin you should know that, it too is a result of dehydration. When it comes to oily skin, an oil free + hydration formula is a winning combination.
So, what did they change?
Well, after being in the market for almost 8 years, Kiehls decided to make this product even more hydrating.
It’s all to do with the climate. Recent climate research* indicates that the world is getting hotter, more polluted, and more humid. In turn, making the skin appear greasier and more prone to breakouts.
Due to this, Kiehls, decided it was necessary to utilise its newest, most innovative ingredients to give us more hydration whilst sticking to its non-drying, alcohol free formula.
What are those ingredients? Let’s take a look..
This is quite literally derived from sea glaciers. It’a a protein that has a unique ability to thrive in extreme cold conditions, it deeply hydrates skin to help protect and prevent water loss.
Micronised Amino Acid
These help to reduce excessive oil production, minimising the appearance of facial shine and visible pores over time.
The consensus? Based on 60 users this cream reduces the feeling of oiliness by up to 27%, visible shine by up to 24% and pore size appearance by up to 12% in just 14 days.
This is the ultimate cream for those who are in need of some serious hydration without the oil slick that can sometimes be left behind.
Buy Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream here.
*Sakuma, TH. And Maibach, HI. Skin Pharmacol Physiol 2012; 25:227-235
Photos courtesy of Kiehls
- What Is Citric Acid?Citric acid is a common AHA extracted from, you guessed it, citrus fruits. As it is an AHA, it has the ability to exfoliate skin. However, it can also be used to change the pH of a formulation. To be able to exfoliate skin, citric acid has to be formulated at a high concentration. Therefore,…
- Becca Is Closing DownYes, it’s true. Becca Cosmetics is closing its doors permanently in September 2021. Here is everything we know so far. They announced the closure yesterday via their Instagram page, attributing the closure to the covid-19 pandemic. In response to a question ‘why?’, the brand said they could not sustain themselves for the long-term. They continued…
- What Is A Suspension In Cosmetics?You ask and I deliver. This time, in my quick Q+A series is, what is a suspension in cosmetics? I was asked to cover this question two weeks ago and it’s a great suggestion. The more the skincare industry progresses, the more education is put in the forefront of that growth. Hence, knowing these cosmetic…
- What Is Glycolic Acid? The Essential Skincare AlphabetIf you’ve been following me for a long time, you’ll know that glycolic acid is one of my favourite ingredients. When it came to picking an ingredient for letter G, the brainstorming didn’t take long. There are still so many people who are confused about this acid. Today, I’m going to attempt to create a…
- What Is Ferulic Acid? The Essential Skincare AlphabetFerulic Acid was at the height of its popularity back in 2020 (i.e the year that no one will talk about again). However, many people missed that boat, and it has all the promise of making a comeback this year. So, lets find out some fast facts and determine whether it’s worth your investment. I’ve…