Kiehls update Ultra Facial Oil Free Gel Cream and in doing so are helping to continue making the start of 2021 better than the year previous.
The Ultra Facial Family as a whole have a reputation to make even the driest of skin burst with moisture and if you have oily skin you should know that, it too is a result of dehydration. When it comes to oily skin, an oil free + hydration formula is a winning combination.
So, what did they change?
Well, after being in the market for almost 8 years, Kiehls decided to make this product even more hydrating.
It’s all to do with the climate. Recent climate research* indicates that the world is getting hotter, more polluted, and more humid. In turn, making the skin appear greasier and more prone to breakouts.
Due to this, Kiehls, decided it was necessary to utilise its newest, most innovative ingredients to give us more hydration whilst sticking to its non-drying, alcohol free formula.
What are those ingredients? Let’s take a look..
This is quite literally derived from sea glaciers. It’a a protein that has a unique ability to thrive in extreme cold conditions, it deeply hydrates skin to help protect and prevent water loss.
Micronised Amino Acid
These help to reduce excessive oil production, minimising the appearance of facial shine and visible pores over time.
The consensus? Based on 60 users this cream reduces the feeling of oiliness by up to 27%, visible shine by up to 24% and pore size appearance by up to 12% in just 14 days.
This is the ultimate cream for those who are in need of some serious hydration without the oil slick that can sometimes be left behind.
Buy Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream here.
*Sakuma, TH. And Maibach, HI. Skin Pharmacol Physiol 2012; 25:227-235
Photos courtesy of Kiehls
- Can You Use Glycolic Acid Everyday?It is generally not recommended to use glycolic acid every day, as it can be irritating to the skin. It is typically used once or twice a week. However, the frequency of use may vary depending on the concentration of the glycolic acid and the specific product that you are using. It is important to […]
- My Top 5 Christmas Beauty Gifts 2022The 1st of December can only mean one thing, its Christmas gift guide day! Every year the anxiety inducing panic of gift buying commences and every year, I try to help you distinguish what is actually worthwhile, with a well research ‘Christmas beauty gift guide’. Before we begin let me remind you of how I […]
- Is Botox Regulated In The UK? Professionals Agree That Regulation of the Aesthetics Sector Must Now Become a PriorityBy Dr Cormac Convery Contrary to popular myth, most people do not approach the medical intervention of aesthetic surgery lightly. Rather, they are seeking a practical and permanent solution to an issue which has been adversely affecting their lives. In the overwhelming majority of procedures carried out by sensible, qualified professionals, this is exactly the […]
- CurrentBody, LED Mask ReviewIn today’s hot seat is CurrentBody’s Skin LED Light Therapy Mask, also known as the mask loved by Kristin Davis, Kaley Cuoco, Suki Waterhouse, Nina Garcia, Oscar nominee Carey Mulligan and many more. Before, CurrentBody sent me this mask, I had never used LED skincare before. I like to play skincare safely. I don’t use […]
- In Conversation With Nichola Joss, Lymphatic Drainage Massage ExpertIt was an uncharacteristically hot day in London when I went to visit Nichola Joss at the Mandarin Oriental. Nichola and I first met during a consultation through the online service Get Harley (which you can read more about here). I was testing the service for a blog post and wasn’t sure what to expect. […]