Kiehls update Ultra Facial Oil Free Gel Cream and in doing so are helping to continue making the start of 2021 better than the year previous.
The Ultra Facial Family as a whole have a reputation to make even the driest of skin burst with moisture and if you have oily skin you should know that, it too is a result of dehydration. When it comes to oily skin, an oil free + hydration formula is a winning combination.
So, what did they change?
Well, after being in the market for almost 8 years, Kiehls decided to make this product even more hydrating.
It’s all to do with the climate. Recent climate research* indicates that the world is getting hotter, more polluted, and more humid. In turn, making the skin appear greasier and more prone to breakouts.
Due to this, Kiehls, decided it was necessary to utilise its newest, most innovative ingredients to give us more hydration whilst sticking to its non-drying, alcohol free formula.
What are those ingredients? Let’s take a look..
This is quite literally derived from sea glaciers. It’a a protein that has a unique ability to thrive in extreme cold conditions, it deeply hydrates skin to help protect and prevent water loss.
Micronised Amino Acid
These help to reduce excessive oil production, minimising the appearance of facial shine and visible pores over time.
The consensus? Based on 60 users this cream reduces the feeling of oiliness by up to 27%, visible shine by up to 24% and pore size appearance by up to 12% in just 14 days.
This is the ultimate cream for those who are in need of some serious hydration without the oil slick that can sometimes be left behind.
Buy Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream here.
*Sakuma, TH. And Maibach, HI. Skin Pharmacol Physiol 2012; 25:227-235
Photos courtesy of Kiehls
- Q and A With Maura Higgins About New Inglot CollaborationMaura Higgins is adding 14 brand new vegan and cruelty-free products, less than a year since she unveiled her debut Inglot x Maura beauty line with Inglot Cosmetics. Maura unveiled her debut best-selling makeup collection n June 2020 to widespread acclaim and has since released the Eye Define, Contour & Shine Brush Set, the limited edition Starstruck…
- Five Skincare Myths DebunkedAt the request of many Instagram DM’s, I created the second in my ‘debunked series’. It was appreciated by many on Instagram, So I thought I’d share it here too! 1 You don’t need to moisturise if you have oily skin? Very oily and very dry skin are caused by the same thing, dehydration. Oily…
- Kat Von D’s Former Makeup Line Have Revealed Their Latest ProductKat Von D is a brand that you either love or hate. From the brand’s founder (of the same name) feuds with Jeffree Star to her selling her shares and then the multiple re-brands, the brand has just about survived. Now, they’ve got something new to share…. but with an old logo? Beauty News on…
- Kiehls Celebrates It’s 170th BirthdayKiehls has been officially been around for 170 years! The brand has started its celebrations this week by launching their heritage and commemorative collections. A brief history of Kiehls The brand was launched by a family in New York City in 1851. The aim of the brand, which has stayed consistent throughout the years, was…
- What Is Lactic Acid? The Essential Skincare AlphabetToday we are tackling L and the one ingredient, that still gets the most questions, is lactic acid. It’s the type of ingredient that seems suitable for everyone but because it may not work for everyone, is perplexing. And believe me I know, I have done tonnes of posts on this. Like this one: Read…