Kiehls update Ultra Facial Oil Free Gel Cream and in doing so are helping to continue making the start of 2021 better than the year previous.
The Ultra Facial Family as a whole have a reputation to make even the driest of skin burst with moisture and if you have oily skin you should know that, it too is a result of dehydration. When it comes to oily skin, an oil free + hydration formula is a winning combination.
So, what did they change?
Well, after being in the market for almost 8 years, Kiehls decided to make this product even more hydrating.
It’s all to do with the climate. Recent climate research* indicates that the world is getting hotter, more polluted, and more humid. In turn, making the skin appear greasier and more prone to breakouts.
Due to this, Kiehls, decided it was necessary to utilise its newest, most innovative ingredients to give us more hydration whilst sticking to its non-drying, alcohol free formula.
What are those ingredients? Let’s take a look..
This is quite literally derived from sea glaciers. It’a a protein that has a unique ability to thrive in extreme cold conditions, it deeply hydrates skin to help protect and prevent water loss.
Micronised Amino Acid
These help to reduce excessive oil production, minimising the appearance of facial shine and visible pores over time.
The consensus? Based on 60 users this cream reduces the feeling of oiliness by up to 27%, visible shine by up to 24% and pore size appearance by up to 12% in just 14 days.
This is the ultimate cream for those who are in need of some serious hydration without the oil slick that can sometimes be left behind.
Buy Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream here.
*Sakuma, TH. And Maibach, HI. Skin Pharmacol Physiol 2012; 25:227-235
Photos courtesy of Kiehls
- SkinStore Latest Skincare DealsSkinStore, apart of the Look Fantastic group, is growing in prominence and has been over the past 10 years. I was shocked to discover they’d been around for 24 years! You may be wondering why one online beauty retailer decided to diverge? What is SkinStore’s USP? Well, apparently it’s the number one destination for premium beauty,…
- 20 Of The Most Popular Perfumes, According To TikTok To many, perfume is the most intimate way of expressing your inner self and truest personality. Although scent is subjective to taste, there are several fragrances that have gone viral due to their unique scents. So, here are the most popular perfumes ever (this is highly subjective and is based on a small data set). Interested…
- Best Christmas Skincare Gifts 2021On Science and Skincare, this time of year only means one thing, Christmas Skincare Gift guide. This years is really good, even if I do say so myself. I have been speaking, testing, investigating brands and products for the whole of November. Now I’m confident in the fact that I’ve created a unique skincare guide,…
- In Conversation With Brook Harvey Taylor, Founder Of PacificaBrook Harvey Taylor has been in the beauty game for quite some time. She launched a beauty brand in 1996, with the ethos that it had to be good for the planet, good for animals and good for the customer. Hence, her brand is cruelty free, vegan and clean. Who can argue with these noble…
- The Ordinary Skincare Quiz, Part 2The original Ordinary skincare quiz has been such a hit on Science and Skincare that I knew I had to make another. But this time it’s bigger and therefore better. I’ve added the entire catalogue of The Ordinary products to this quiz’s database so I can give you better recommendations. I’ve also refined the formula…