Jonathan Van Ness, American hairdresser, television personality, podcast host, actor, and author is teaming up with Amyris to launch a new clean haircare brand.
Amyris is an industry leader in the Clean Health & Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances markets. With this partnership, they aim to de-gender and revolutionise the haircare industry with the best-performing sustainable products.
“Haircare is one of the fastest-growing categories in beauty, and we are aiming to lead a significant shift in the industry via this partnership with Jonathan,” said John Melo, President and Chief Executive Officer of Amyris. “This new haircare brand will be a great addition to our offering in skincare, baby and mother care and clean color cosmetics. The momentum of our expanding consumer brand portfolio along with the significant progress on the previously communicated strategic transactions sets us up well for continued sector leadership in 2021.”
The company wants to focus on building a consumer brand portfolio built around its No Compromise promise of clean ingredients that include; clean skincare brand Biossance, clean babycare brand Pipette, and Pure-cane, a zero-calorie sweetener naturally derived from sugarcane.
The haircare line is expected to launch during the summer of 2021. It will focus on using a powerful, hydrating silicone alternative that works on all hair.
- Can You Use Glycolic Acid Everyday?It is generally not recommended to use glycolic acid every day, as it can be irritating to the skin. It is typically used once or twice a week. However, the frequency of use may vary depending on the concentration of the glycolic acid and the specific product that you are using. It is important to […]
- My Top 5 Christmas Beauty Gifts 2022The 1st of December can only mean one thing, its Christmas gift guide day! Every year the anxiety inducing panic of gift buying commences and every year, I try to help you distinguish what is actually worthwhile, with a well research ‘Christmas beauty gift guide’. Before we begin let me remind you of how I […]
- Is Botox Regulated In The UK? Professionals Agree That Regulation of the Aesthetics Sector Must Now Become a PriorityBy Dr Cormac Convery Contrary to popular myth, most people do not approach the medical intervention of aesthetic surgery lightly. Rather, they are seeking a practical and permanent solution to an issue which has been adversely affecting their lives. In the overwhelming majority of procedures carried out by sensible, qualified professionals, this is exactly the […]
- CurrentBody, LED Mask ReviewIn today’s hot seat is CurrentBody’s Skin LED Light Therapy Mask, also known as the mask loved by Kristin Davis, Kaley Cuoco, Suki Waterhouse, Nina Garcia, Oscar nominee Carey Mulligan and many more. Before, CurrentBody sent me this mask, I had never used LED skincare before. I like to play skincare safely. I don’t use […]
- In Conversation With Nichola Joss, Lymphatic Drainage Massage ExpertIt was an uncharacteristically hot day in London when I went to visit Nichola Joss at the Mandarin Oriental. Nichola and I first met during a consultation through the online service Get Harley (which you can read more about here). I was testing the service for a blog post and wasn’t sure what to expect. […]