AirPop, which was founded in 2015, is the world’s first Air Wearables company. The company has harnessed filtration science and technology to build high-performance products that deliver unrivalled comfort and breathability.
Airpop has announced the launch of its latest innovative product and it’s going to help us all get through lockdown.
It’s called The Active+ Smart Mask With Halo Sensor and it was unveiled at CES, the most influential tech event in the world.
The key innovative function of this mask is that enables users to take control of their respiratory health and can even reveal the pollutants it has blocked.
The Halo Sensor tracks a combination of syndicated air quality data and information about your breathing rate.
The masks works in tandem with the AirPop app, which uses data collected by the sensor to give a visual overview of the wearer’s breathing behaviour, breathing cycles, and even the pollutants that the mask has blocked during use.
The Halo can also be used in Active Mode, which tracks metrics like breaths per minute, breaths per pace, and more – all of which can be seen straight from the Activity tab in the app.
The app can also notify the user when it’s time to replace AirPop’s snap-in filters, which block >99% PM0.3, including dust, allergens, particulate matter and microbial particles.
Each of the four supplied AirPop filters come with a unique QR code that can be scanned by the AirPop app when it’s installed. This not only registers that a new filter has been inserted, but it also helps users ensure that they have a legitimate AirPop filter.
“We are incredibly excited to launch the Active+ Smart Mask with Halo sensor. This product embodies the AirPop mission – to help people better understand and take control of their respiratory health through a human-centred approach to design, science and technology,” said Chris Hosmer, Founder, AirPop.
“I was inspired to start AirPop in 2015 because my daughter suffered a series of acute respiratory reactions to noxious air years earlier and the experience of feeling under informed and feeling helpless stayed with me. Since then, we have innovated a full range of adult and kids’ products for both high-performance and day-to-day use alike.”
The AirPop Active+ Smart mask with integrated Halo sensor will be available in the UK from AirPopHealth.com and selected national retailers during February 2021. Price is £149.99 including 4 x 40 Hour Filters.
Photos courtesy of Airpop
- What Is Citric Acid?Citric acid is a common AHA extracted from, you guessed it, citrus fruits. As it is an AHA, it has the ability to exfoliate skin. However, it can also be used to change the pH of a formulation. To be able to exfoliate skin, citric acid has to be formulated at a high concentration. Therefore,…
- Becca Is Closing DownYes, it’s true. Becca Cosmetics is closing its doors permanently in September 2021. Here is everything we know so far. They announced the closure yesterday via their Instagram page, attributing the closure to the covid-19 pandemic. In response to a question ‘why?’, the brand said they could not sustain themselves for the long-term. They continued…
- What Is A Suspension In Cosmetics?You ask and I deliver. This time, in my quick Q+A series is, what is a suspension in cosmetics? I was asked to cover this question two weeks ago and it’s a great suggestion. The more the skincare industry progresses, the more education is put in the forefront of that growth. Hence, knowing these cosmetic…
- What Is Glycolic Acid? The Essential Skincare AlphabetIf you’ve been following me for a long time, you’ll know that glycolic acid is one of my favourite ingredients. When it came to picking an ingredient for letter G, the brainstorming didn’t take long. There are still so many people who are confused about this acid. Today, I’m going to attempt to create a…
- What Is Ferulic Acid? The Essential Skincare AlphabetFerulic Acid was at the height of its popularity back in 2020 (i.e the year that no one will talk about again). However, many people missed that boat, and it has all the promise of making a comeback this year. So, lets find out some fast facts and determine whether it’s worth your investment. I’ve…