Hero cosmetics was founded in 2017 by Ju Rhyu with Dwight Lee and Andrew Lee. The brand is popular due to its sophisticated patches that deal with breakouts.
The distribute their product via their own site, as well as at Amazon and Target, Ulta Beauty, CVS, Anthropologie, and Urban Outfitters.
“We knew we were sort of at this moment of scale and big growth, and we knew it was time to get other people who could help us take the business to the next level,” Ju Rhyu, Hero co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, told WWD.
Evidently, the investment will be used for company expansion. A part of this will be product development and building out a leadership team.
Aria Growth Partners founder Trevor Nelson told WWD, Aria wanted to invest in Hero because the company has built a “thoughtful platform” for functional skincare.
“If you bring innovative products in other parts over time of skincare, we believe there’s going to be an audience there,” he said. “The opportunity is huge.”
Photos via Hero Cosmetics
- My Top 5 Christmas Beauty Gifts 2022The 1st of December can only mean one thing, its Christmas gift guide day! Every year the anxiety inducing panic of gift buying commences and every year, I try to help you distinguish what is actually worthwhile, with a well research ‘Christmas beauty gift guide’. Before we begin let me remind you of how I […]
- Is Botox Regulated In The UK? Professionals Agree That Regulation of the Aesthetics Sector Must Now Become a PriorityBy Dr Cormac Convery Contrary to popular myth, most people do not approach the medical intervention of aesthetic surgery lightly. Rather, they are seeking a practical and permanent solution to an issue which has been adversely affecting their lives. In the overwhelming majority of procedures carried out by sensible, qualified professionals, this is exactly the […]
- CurrentBody, LED Mask ReviewIn today’s hot seat is CurrentBody’s Skin LED Light Therapy Mask, also known as the mask loved by Kristin Davis, Kaley Cuoco, Suki Waterhouse, Nina Garcia, Oscar nominee Carey Mulligan and many more. Before, CurrentBody sent me this mask, I had never used LED skincare before. I like to play skincare safely. I don’t use […]
- In Conversation With Nichola Joss, Lymphatic Drainage Massage ExpertIt was an uncharacteristically hot day in London when I went to visit Nichola Joss at the Mandarin Oriental. Nichola and I first met during a consultation through the online service Get Harley (which you can read more about here). I was testing the service for a blog post and wasn’t sure what to expect. […]
- AXIS Y Skincare, Korean Skincare ReviewIt has been far too long since I last posted. And even longer since a review was posted on Science and Skincare. However, six months since my last article and I’m ready to share some thoughts on the Korean Skincare brand AXIS Y. AXIS Y is a climate inspired, community focused skincare brand hailing from […]