Amorepacific, the South Korean beauty conglomerate, has made a $2.7 million investment in DMIL, a beauty content creator network start-up.
DMIL is essentially a media content firm with a multichannel network. The manage beauty content creators including YouTubers Jella, Woorin, and Chaeyoung, and work with more than 500 Korean companies.
They also operate the e-commerce platform dVine, and its own brand Hours.
This partnership is further emphasise of the growing reliance the beauty industry has on social media market, which has in the past been neglected by the industry.
Lee Young-jin, the head of Amorepacific New Growth Initiative Division said, “from this investment, Amorepacific Group will establish a close partnership with beauty influencer-made contents and in commerce.”
CEO of DMIL, Lee Hun-joo added, “in the beauty industry, the partnership between personal media and commerce is creating new opportunities, we seek to grow into a vertical media company combining content, commerce and our own brand using the investment.”
Now that a big beauty company has specifically invested in the relationship between consumer, influencer and beauty we can surely expect to see this trend develop in western countries too, over the next few years.
Photos via Amorepacific
- Krave Beauty’s Beet Shield Fails SPF TestKrave Beauty’s Beet Shield has failed an SPF Test, it has announced on a statement on its Instagram page. Read the statement for yourself below: The brand claimed they decided to conduct their own (independent from their manufacturer) test to verify the protection in their products. They partnered with multiple 3rd party lab’s based in…
- What Is Kojic Acid? The Essential Skincare AlphabetKojic acid is a relatively new up and coming skincare ingredient. The reason for this, I believe, is because of the sudden interest in treating skin pigmentation conditions using acids. What is Kojic acid? In short, it’s a by-product of the aerobic process of carbohydrates. However, this is a beauty blog, so that is probably…
- How To Apply Sunscreen CorrectlyIf you’re wondering why I’m writing ‘How To Apply Sunscreen Correctly’, I am going to direct you to read this article first. It felt a little cruel to write that piece and then leave you in the dark about the correct way to look after your skin. So, here’s a quick article on the most…
- Rare Beauty New Eyeshadow’s Are HereFind out everything about the new Rare Beauty launch and how to win your own!
- What Is Jojoba Oil? The Essential Skincare AlphabetJojoba oil is an extremely well used ingredient in the cosmetic industry. The reason for this is pretty simple, it has excellent oxidative stability (1). What this means, is that it will take a long time before it will go rancid. Thus, it is particularly useful for being kept on a shelf. Additionally, this quality…