Amorepacific, the South Korean beauty conglomerate, has made a $2.7 million investment in DMIL, a beauty content creator network start-up.
DMIL is essentially a media content firm with a multichannel network. The manage beauty content creators including YouTubers Jella, Woorin, and Chaeyoung, and work with more than 500 Korean companies.
They also operate the e-commerce platform dVine, and its own brand Hours.
This partnership is further emphasise of the growing reliance the beauty industry has on social media market, which has in the past been neglected by the industry.
Lee Young-jin, the head of Amorepacific New Growth Initiative Division said, “from this investment, Amorepacific Group will establish a close partnership with beauty influencer-made contents and in commerce.”
CEO of DMIL, Lee Hun-joo added, “in the beauty industry, the partnership between personal media and commerce is creating new opportunities, we seek to grow into a vertical media company combining content, commerce and our own brand using the investment.”
Now that a big beauty company has specifically invested in the relationship between consumer, influencer and beauty we can surely expect to see this trend develop in western countries too, over the next few years.
Photos via Amorepacific
- Can You Use Glycolic Acid Everyday?It is generally not recommended to use glycolic acid every day, as it can be irritating to the skin. It is typically used once or twice a week. However, the frequency of use may vary depending on the concentration of the glycolic acid and the specific product that you are using. It is important to […]
- My Top 5 Christmas Beauty Gifts 2022The 1st of December can only mean one thing, its Christmas gift guide day! Every year the anxiety inducing panic of gift buying commences and every year, I try to help you distinguish what is actually worthwhile, with a well research ‘Christmas beauty gift guide’. Before we begin let me remind you of how I […]
- Is Botox Regulated In The UK? Professionals Agree That Regulation of the Aesthetics Sector Must Now Become a PriorityBy Dr Cormac Convery Contrary to popular myth, most people do not approach the medical intervention of aesthetic surgery lightly. Rather, they are seeking a practical and permanent solution to an issue which has been adversely affecting their lives. In the overwhelming majority of procedures carried out by sensible, qualified professionals, this is exactly the […]
- CurrentBody, LED Mask ReviewIn today’s hot seat is CurrentBody’s Skin LED Light Therapy Mask, also known as the mask loved by Kristin Davis, Kaley Cuoco, Suki Waterhouse, Nina Garcia, Oscar nominee Carey Mulligan and many more. Before, CurrentBody sent me this mask, I had never used LED skincare before. I like to play skincare safely. I don’t use […]
- In Conversation With Nichola Joss, Lymphatic Drainage Massage ExpertIt was an uncharacteristically hot day in London when I went to visit Nichola Joss at the Mandarin Oriental. Nichola and I first met during a consultation through the online service Get Harley (which you can read more about here). I was testing the service for a blog post and wasn’t sure what to expect. […]