Amorepacific, the South Korean beauty conglomerate, has made a $2.7 million investment in DMIL, a beauty content creator network start-up.
DMIL is essentially a media content firm with a multichannel network. The manage beauty content creators including YouTubers Jella, Woorin, and Chaeyoung, and work with more than 500 Korean companies.
They also operate the e-commerce platform dVine, and its own brand Hours.
This partnership is further emphasise of the growing reliance the beauty industry has on social media market, which has in the past been neglected by the industry.
Lee Young-jin, the head of Amorepacific New Growth Initiative Division said, “from this investment, Amorepacific Group will establish a close partnership with beauty influencer-made contents and in commerce.”
CEO of DMIL, Lee Hun-joo added, “in the beauty industry, the partnership between personal media and commerce is creating new opportunities, we seek to grow into a vertical media company combining content, commerce and our own brand using the investment.”
Now that a big beauty company has specifically invested in the relationship between consumer, influencer and beauty we can surely expect to see this trend develop in western countries too, over the next few years.
Photos via Amorepacific
- CurrentBody, LED Mask ReviewIn today’s hot seat is CurrentBody’s Skin LED Light Therapy Mask, also known as the mask loved by Kristin Davis, Kaley Cuoco, Suki Waterhouse, Nina Garcia, Oscar nominee Carey Mulligan and many more. Before, CurrentBody sent me this mask, I had never used LED skincare before. I like to play skincare safely. I don’t use […]
- In Conversation With Nichola Joss, Lymphatic Drainage Massage ExpertIt was an uncharacteristically hot day in London when I went to visit Nichola Joss at the Mandarin Oriental. Nichola and I first met during a consultation through the online service Get Harley (which you can read more about here). I was testing the service for a blog post and wasn’t sure what to expect. […]
- AXIS Y Skincare, Korean Skincare ReviewIt has been far too long since I last posted. And even longer since a review was posted on Science and Skincare. However, six months since my last article and I’m ready to share some thoughts on the Korean Skincare brand AXIS Y. AXIS Y is a climate inspired, community focused skincare brand hailing from […]
- SkinStore Latest Skincare DealsSkinStore, apart of the Look Fantastic group, is growing in prominence and has been over the past 10 years. I was shocked to discover they’d been around for 24 years! You may be wondering why one online beauty retailer decided to diverge? What is SkinStore’s USP? Well, apparently it’s the number one destination for premium beauty, […]
- 20 Of The Most Popular Perfumes, According To TikTok To many, perfume is the most intimate way of expressing your inner self and truest personality. Although scent is subjective to taste, there are several fragrances that have gone viral due to their unique scents. So, here are the most popular perfumes ever (this is highly subjective and is based on a small data set). Interested […]