Alo Yoga is a active wear brand that promotes wellness and clean beauty products and today they are launching their very own skincare line.
The line will be gender-neutral and focused on getting glowing skin through seven new products.
The line is said to be inspired by Ayurvedic beauty which is a way of living that is all about balancing your life to suit you. This type of beauty brand/product rose to prominence in 2015 when the industry saw the rise of ritualistic beauty.
Many beauty brands at that time, were looking to ancient ingredients for inspiration and ways that connect cosmetics and spirituality.
Some of the ways that Alo Yoga is going to represent that link to Ayurvedic beauty is through its ingredients too. All of the products contain the amla berry, a gooseberry which is used in Ayurvedic medicine.
Danny Harris, founder and CEO of Alo Yoga said the Glow System line adheres to “higher standards than the European clean standards.”
“Your skin is your largest organ; we believe that what you put on your body is just as important as what you put in your body.”
Although he didn’t go into detail about what this means for Alo Yoga the European Standards include a variety of agencies including the CEN, ELEC or ETSI. When it comes to clean beauty, they are focused on a transparent, open and consensual manufacturing process.
What we do about the line is that it is free from parabens, phthalates, gluten, animal products, sulfates, mineral oil, artificial colors and dyes, synthetic fragrance, aluminum, PEGs, silicones and propylene glycol.
The line will launch in all nine Alo Yoga stores and on the brand’s site.
It will launch at all Nordstrom stores and Nordstrom.com on January 1.
Photos via Alo Yoga
- SkinStore Latest Skincare DealsSkinStore, apart of the Look Fantastic group, is growing in prominence and has been over the past 10 years. I was shocked to discover they’d been around for 24 years! You may be wondering why one online beauty retailer decided to diverge? What is SkinStore’s USP? Well, apparently it’s the number one destination for premium beauty,…
- 20 Of The Most Popular Perfumes, According To TikTok To many, perfume is the most intimate way of expressing your inner self and truest personality. Although scent is subjective to taste, there are several fragrances that have gone viral due to their unique scents. So, here are the most popular perfumes ever (this is highly subjective and is based on a small data set). Interested…
- Best Christmas Skincare Gifts 2021On Science and Skincare, this time of year only means one thing, Christmas Skincare Gift guide. This years is really good, even if I do say so myself. I have been speaking, testing, investigating brands and products for the whole of November. Now I’m confident in the fact that I’ve created a unique skincare guide,…
- In Conversation With Brook Harvey Taylor, Founder Of PacificaBrook Harvey Taylor has been in the beauty game for quite some time. She launched a beauty brand in 1996, with the ethos that it had to be good for the planet, good for animals and good for the customer. Hence, her brand is cruelty free, vegan and clean. Who can argue with these noble…
- The Ordinary Skincare Quiz, Part 2The original Ordinary skincare quiz has been such a hit on Science and Skincare that I knew I had to make another. But this time it’s bigger and therefore better. I’ve added the entire catalogue of The Ordinary products to this quiz’s database so I can give you better recommendations. I’ve also refined the formula…