Alo Yoga is a active wear brand that promotes wellness and clean beauty products and today they are launching their very own skincare line.
The line will be gender-neutral and focused on getting glowing skin through seven new products.
The line is said to be inspired by Ayurvedic beauty which is a way of living that is all about balancing your life to suit you. This type of beauty brand/product rose to prominence in 2015 when the industry saw the rise of ritualistic beauty.
Many beauty brands at that time, were looking to ancient ingredients for inspiration and ways that connect cosmetics and spirituality.
Some of the ways that Alo Yoga is going to represent that link to Ayurvedic beauty is through its ingredients too. All of the products contain the amla berry, a gooseberry which is used in Ayurvedic medicine.
Danny Harris, founder and CEO of Alo Yoga said the Glow System line adheres to “higher standards than the European clean standards.”
“Your skin is your largest organ; we believe that what you put on your body is just as important as what you put in your body.”
Although he didn’t go into detail about what this means for Alo Yoga the European Standards include a variety of agencies including the CEN, ELEC or ETSI. When it comes to clean beauty, they are focused on a transparent, open and consensual manufacturing process.
What we do about the line is that it is free from parabens, phthalates, gluten, animal products, sulfates, mineral oil, artificial colors and dyes, synthetic fragrance, aluminum, PEGs, silicones and propylene glycol.
The line will launch in all nine Alo Yoga stores and on the brand’s site.
It will launch at all Nordstrom stores and Nordstrom.com on January 1.
Photos via Alo Yoga
- What Is Tri-Luma Cream Used For?Have you heard about the Tri-Luma cream on social media recently? I have seen it cropping up everywhere! The origin of this trend is something I am not entirely sure of. However, I can discuss whether or not it can help your hyperpigmentation. What Is Tri-Luma Cream Used For? From what I’ve seen, social media…
- Try WLDKAT SKIN Now And Get Some Quality CBDIt’s been less than a year since I interviewed WLDKAT Skin founder, Amy Zunzunegui, and I have since fallen in love with the brand. You may have been able to tell if you follow me on Instagram. I have used WLDKAT in some part of my routine for probably six months now. They’re products suit…
- French Beauty Brands Can Export To China Without Testing On AnimalsThe Fédération des Entreprises de la Beauté, also known as the FEBEA, has announced that France will be the first country in the EU to be able to export “ordinary” cosmetics to China without animal testing. How can they do this? China changed their rules. On January 11th, Chinese authorities published the final cosmetics regulations framework…
- TikTok Users Going Crazy Over This MascaraIt has been dubbed the ‘TikTok Mascara’ and fans are going crazy for its incredibly dreamy results. It is, of course, the Maybelline’s Lash Sensational Sky High mascara which promises to volumize and extend every single lash from root to tip for a limitless length look. At just £9.99, the high street mascara will transform ALL lashes.…
- Jonathan Van Ness To Create Clean Haircare With AmyrisJonathan Van Ness, American hairdresser, television personality, podcast host, actor, and author is teaming up with Amyris to launch a new clean haircare brand. Amyris is an industry leader in the Clean Health & Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances markets. With this partnership, they aim to de-gender and revolutionise the haircare industry with the best-performing…