Alo Yoga is a active wear brand that promotes wellness and clean beauty products and today they are launching their very own skincare line.
The line will be gender-neutral and focused on getting glowing skin through seven new products.
The line is said to be inspired by Ayurvedic beauty which is a way of living that is all about balancing your life to suit you. This type of beauty brand/product rose to prominence in 2015 when the industry saw the rise of ritualistic beauty.
Many beauty brands at that time, were looking to ancient ingredients for inspiration and ways that connect cosmetics and spirituality.
Some of the ways that Alo Yoga is going to represent that link to Ayurvedic beauty is through its ingredients too. All of the products contain the amla berry, a gooseberry which is used in Ayurvedic medicine.
Danny Harris, founder and CEO of Alo Yoga said the Glow System line adheres to “higher standards than the European clean standards.”
“Your skin is your largest organ; we believe that what you put on your body is just as important as what you put in your body.”
Although he didn’t go into detail about what this means for Alo Yoga the European Standards include a variety of agencies including the CEN, ELEC or ETSI. When it comes to clean beauty, they are focused on a transparent, open and consensual manufacturing process.
What we do about the line is that it is free from parabens, phthalates, gluten, animal products, sulfates, mineral oil, artificial colors and dyes, synthetic fragrance, aluminum, PEGs, silicones and propylene glycol.
The line will launch in all nine Alo Yoga stores and on the brand’s site.
It will launch at all Nordstrom stores and Nordstrom.com on January 1.
Photos via Alo Yoga
- Krave Beauty’s Beet Shield Fails SPF TestKrave Beauty’s Beet Shield has failed an SPF Test, it has announced on a statement on its Instagram page. Read the statement for yourself below: The brand claimed they decided to conduct their own (independent from their manufacturer) test to verify the protection in their products. They partnered with multiple 3rd party lab’s based in…
- What Is Kojic Acid? The Essential Skincare AlphabetKojic acid is a relatively new up and coming skincare ingredient. The reason for this, I believe, is because of the sudden interest in treating skin pigmentation conditions using acids. What is Kojic acid? In short, it’s a by-product of the aerobic process of carbohydrates. However, this is a beauty blog, so that is probably…
- How To Apply Sunscreen CorrectlyIf you’re wondering why I’m writing ‘How To Apply Sunscreen Correctly’, I am going to direct you to read this article first. It felt a little cruel to write that piece and then leave you in the dark about the correct way to look after your skin. So, here’s a quick article on the most…
- Rare Beauty New Eyeshadow’s Are HereFind out everything about the new Rare Beauty launch and how to win your own!
- What Is Jojoba Oil? The Essential Skincare AlphabetJojoba oil is an extremely well used ingredient in the cosmetic industry. The reason for this is pretty simple, it has excellent oxidative stability (1). What this means, is that it will take a long time before it will go rancid. Thus, it is particularly useful for being kept on a shelf. Additionally, this quality…