Alo Yoga is a active wear brand that promotes wellness and clean beauty products and today they are launching their very own skincare line.
The line will be gender-neutral and focused on getting glowing skin through seven new products.
The line is said to be inspired by Ayurvedic beauty which is a way of living that is all about balancing your life to suit you. This type of beauty brand/product rose to prominence in 2015 when the industry saw the rise of ritualistic beauty.
Many beauty brands at that time, were looking to ancient ingredients for inspiration and ways that connect cosmetics and spirituality.
Some of the ways that Alo Yoga is going to represent that link to Ayurvedic beauty is through its ingredients too. All of the products contain the amla berry, a gooseberry which is used in Ayurvedic medicine.
Danny Harris, founder and CEO of Alo Yoga said the Glow System line adheres to “higher standards than the European clean standards.”
“Your skin is your largest organ; we believe that what you put on your body is just as important as what you put in your body.”
Although he didn’t go into detail about what this means for Alo Yoga the European Standards include a variety of agencies including the CEN, ELEC or ETSI. When it comes to clean beauty, they are focused on a transparent, open and consensual manufacturing process.
What we do about the line is that it is free from parabens, phthalates, gluten, animal products, sulfates, mineral oil, artificial colors and dyes, synthetic fragrance, aluminum, PEGs, silicones and propylene glycol.
The line will launch in all nine Alo Yoga stores and on the brand’s site.
It will launch at all Nordstrom stores and Nordstrom.com on January 1.
Photos via Alo Yoga
- What Is Butylene Glycol In Skincare?Butylene Glycol plays a very important role in skincare. It improves the texture and penetrability of your skincare. Butylene Glycol summary This ingredient is commonly used in skincare because it has a few important uses. These include enhancing the stability of a formula, the penetrability and the texture. It may also increase skin hydration by…
- Kumiko Skincare Partners With Ricky MartinKumiko Skincare has signed a partnership deal with singer Ricky Martin. The deal will see Martin advertise for the brand for the next three years. Kumiko, a brand founded by Catalina Aguirre. Aguirre worked in media for 15 years before switching gears and delving into her other passion, aesthetics. In 2017, with the aid of…
- Skincare Products With Benzoyl Peroxide In ThemIf you’ve struggled with acne you’ll know what Benzoyl Peroxide is. It’s a gold standard in the acne world. The strongest active in the fight against acne, is generally how it is referred to. But I’m sure you know that. This post is not an explainer but simply a reliable way for you to shop…
- Proven Skincare, The AI-Based Custom Skincare BrandIf you’ve tried every product under the sun and haven’t found what you’re looking for, Proven Skincare maybe your answer. In recent years skincare has been undergoing a dramatic transformation. Due mainly to the pressure to do so, skincare is getting more advanced. Education has been at the forefront of brands and influencers minds for…
- Sister Monica, The Nun Who Went Viral On TikTokSister Monica goes by @nunsenseforthepeople on TikTok and has over 48,000 followers. Why? Because her skin is amazing. She was bombarded with requests for her skincare routine. Then her ‘nunly skincare, video went viral, amassing over 277,000 views on TikTok. Claudette Monica Powell, an Episcopal nun, is the women behind @nunsenseforthepeople. She told Insider, she wanted to…