Alo Yoga is a active wear brand that promotes wellness and clean beauty products and today they are launching their very own skincare line.
The line will be gender-neutral and focused on getting glowing skin through seven new products.
The line is said to be inspired by Ayurvedic beauty which is a way of living that is all about balancing your life to suit you. This type of beauty brand/product rose to prominence in 2015 when the industry saw the rise of ritualistic beauty.
Many beauty brands at that time, were looking to ancient ingredients for inspiration and ways that connect cosmetics and spirituality.
Some of the ways that Alo Yoga is going to represent that link to Ayurvedic beauty is through its ingredients too. All of the products contain the amla berry, a gooseberry which is used in Ayurvedic medicine.
Danny Harris, founder and CEO of Alo Yoga said the Glow System line adheres to “higher standards than the European clean standards.”
“Your skin is your largest organ; we believe that what you put on your body is just as important as what you put in your body.”
Although he didn’t go into detail about what this means for Alo Yoga the European Standards include a variety of agencies including the CEN, ELEC or ETSI. When it comes to clean beauty, they are focused on a transparent, open and consensual manufacturing process.
What we do about the line is that it is free from parabens, phthalates, gluten, animal products, sulfates, mineral oil, artificial colors and dyes, synthetic fragrance, aluminum, PEGs, silicones and propylene glycol.
The line will launch in all nine Alo Yoga stores and on the brand’s site.
It will launch at all Nordstrom stores and Nordstrom.com on January 1.
Photos via Alo Yoga
- CurrentBody, LED Mask ReviewIn today’s hot seat is CurrentBody’s Skin LED Light Therapy Mask, also known as the mask loved by Kristin Davis, Kaley Cuoco, Suki Waterhouse, Nina Garcia, Oscar nominee Carey Mulligan and many more. Before, CurrentBody sent me this mask, I had never used LED skincare before. I like to play skincare safely. I don’t use […]
- In Conversation With Nichola Joss, Lymphatic Drainage Massage ExpertIt was an uncharacteristically hot day in London when I went to visit Nichola Joss at the Mandarin Oriental. Nichola and I first met during a consultation through the online service Get Harley (which you can read more about here). I was testing the service for a blog post and wasn’t sure what to expect. […]
- AXIS Y Skincare, Korean Skincare ReviewIt has been far too long since I last posted. And even longer since a review was posted on Science and Skincare. However, six months since my last article and I’m ready to share some thoughts on the Korean Skincare brand AXIS Y. AXIS Y is a climate inspired, community focused skincare brand hailing from […]
- SkinStore Latest Skincare DealsSkinStore, apart of the Look Fantastic group, is growing in prominence and has been over the past 10 years. I was shocked to discover they’d been around for 24 years! You may be wondering why one online beauty retailer decided to diverge? What is SkinStore’s USP? Well, apparently it’s the number one destination for premium beauty, […]
- 20 Of The Most Popular Perfumes, According To TikTok To many, perfume is the most intimate way of expressing your inner self and truest personality. Although scent is subjective to taste, there are several fragrances that have gone viral due to their unique scents. So, here are the most popular perfumes ever (this is highly subjective and is based on a small data set). Interested […]