This may seem like a strange question to you because the two are rarely compared but if you’ve been following beauty news on the weekend you’ll know why I’m asking.
Jennifer Lopez, announced her beauty line, aptly named JLo Beauty, on Thursday with an Instagram video.
The video describes how Lopez developed the line, including the formulation. She describes how Olive Oil is the key to her glow. However, some fans are convinced there’s something more to Lopez’s personal skin-care regimen.
Jennifer Lopez, whilst being a talented singer, dancer and actress is also a beauty icon. Most people can agree that she looks incredible for her age but a lot of people also pinned that down to a little help from botox and fillers.
And her fans weren’t shy about expressing that viewpoint directly on the announcement video’s comment section.
One simply stated, “Botox galore!” while others acknowledged her good genes, but remained skeptical of her limited facial creases: “good gene ok, but no little lines on the face is impossible.”
The other problem? Lopez denies having gotten any work done on her face replying to the comments saying, “I have never done Botox. These are my real skincare secrets …” and “sorry baby no I haven’t ever used [Botox and fillers]. This is what I use I hope you enjoy. Also a joyful heart helps.”
Even the experts are a little suspicious
A few of the dermatologists I have worked with and follow on Instagram are a little skeptical of her claims. Board certified dermatologist, Dr Marisa Garshick MD FAAD, made her own post which summarised how she feels about this topic.
Twitter didn’t take to kindly to Lopez’s claims either.
So, did she get it or not? Well, no one knows and we probably won’t but her skincare line is dropping tomorrow – so the timing of the question isn’t just a coincidence.
Will you look like JLo if you buy JLo beauty? I can say with 100% confidence – no. Don’t buy it because you want to look like her, buy it because you read the INCI and you think it could work for you.
Photos via JLo Beauty
- What Is Tri-Luma Cream Used For?Have you heard about the Tri-Luma cream on social media recently? I have seen it cropping up everywhere! The origin of this trend is something I am not entirely sure of. However, I can discuss whether or not it can help your hyperpigmentation. What Is Tri-Luma Cream Used For? From what I’ve seen, social media…
- Try WLDKAT SKIN Now And Get Some Quality CBDIt’s been less than a year since I interviewed WLDKAT Skin founder, Amy Zunzunegui, and I have since fallen in love with the brand. You may have been able to tell if you follow me on Instagram. I have used WLDKAT in some part of my routine for probably six months now. They’re products suit…
- French Beauty Brands Can Export To China Without Testing On AnimalsThe Fédération des Entreprises de la Beauté, also known as the FEBEA, has announced that France will be the first country in the EU to be able to export “ordinary” cosmetics to China without animal testing. How can they do this? China changed their rules. On January 11th, Chinese authorities published the final cosmetics regulations framework…
- TikTok Users Going Crazy Over This MascaraIt has been dubbed the ‘TikTok Mascara’ and fans are going crazy for its incredibly dreamy results. It is, of course, the Maybelline’s Lash Sensational Sky High mascara which promises to volumize and extend every single lash from root to tip for a limitless length look. At just £9.99, the high street mascara will transform ALL lashes.…
- Jonathan Van Ness To Create Clean Haircare With AmyrisJonathan Van Ness, American hairdresser, television personality, podcast host, actor, and author is teaming up with Amyris to launch a new clean haircare brand. Amyris is an industry leader in the Clean Health & Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances markets. With this partnership, they aim to de-gender and revolutionise the haircare industry with the best-performing…