This may seem like a strange question to you because the two are rarely compared but if you’ve been following beauty news on the weekend you’ll know why I’m asking.
Jennifer Lopez, announced her beauty line, aptly named JLo Beauty, on Thursday with an Instagram video.
The video describes how Lopez developed the line, including the formulation. She describes how Olive Oil is the key to her glow. However, some fans are convinced there’s something more to Lopez’s personal skin-care regimen.
Jennifer Lopez, whilst being a talented singer, dancer and actress is also a beauty icon. Most people can agree that she looks incredible for her age but a lot of people also pinned that down to a little help from botox and fillers.
And her fans weren’t shy about expressing that viewpoint directly on the announcement video’s comment section.
One simply stated, “Botox galore!” while others acknowledged her good genes, but remained skeptical of her limited facial creases: “good gene ok, but no little lines on the face is impossible.”
The other problem? Lopez denies having gotten any work done on her face replying to the comments saying, “I have never done Botox. These are my real skincare secrets …” and “sorry baby no I haven’t ever used [Botox and fillers]. This is what I use I hope you enjoy. Also a joyful heart helps.”
Even the experts are a little suspicious
A few of the dermatologists I have worked with and follow on Instagram are a little skeptical of her claims. Board certified dermatologist, Dr Marisa Garshick MD FAAD, made her own post which summarised how she feels about this topic.
Twitter didn’t take to kindly to Lopez’s claims either.
So, did she get it or not? Well, no one knows and we probably won’t but her skincare line is dropping tomorrow – so the timing of the question isn’t just a coincidence.
Will you look like JLo if you buy JLo beauty? I can say with 100% confidence – no. Don’t buy it because you want to look like her, buy it because you read the INCI and you think it could work for you.
Photos via JLo Beauty
- The Kiehls Quiz, Moisturiser EditionThe Kiehls quiz is here! Since I created the quiz section of my site, the requests have been poring through. After The Ordinary, Kiehls has been the most requested. I’m assuming because they have a huge catalogue of products to choose from. It’s so big in fact, the quiz has to be broken down into…
- Best Black Friday Skincare DealsLast years Black Friday post went down a treat. So, this year I knew I had to do it again but this time it’s all about skincare. Here are the best black Friday skincare deals I could find! Honestly, this list came together through just hours of me trawling the web. I wasn’t sure of…
- The Ordinary Niacinamide Vs Hyaluronic Acid QuizThe Ordinary Niacinamide Vs Hyaluronic Acid quiz is a much need post. You may be coming hot off the heels of my last post Niacinamide vs Hyaluronic Acid, looking for an easy way to compare your skin needs. Well, this is it. This quiz directly compares your skincare needs to decipher which of these active…
- Niacinamide Vs Hyaluronic AcidIf you’ve followed Science and Skincare for any amount of time, you’ll be aware of my posts on acids. Niacinamide vs Hyaluronic Acid will be the highly requested addition to the category that made this site popular. Depending on your skincare knowledge, choosing between the two will either be easy or incredibly difficult. However, one…
- Lilly Ghalichi Opens Up About Botched Filler But What Is Vascular Occlusion?It’s only been a few days since Lilly Ghalichi showed us pictures of her botched filler job and now we can finally ask the question ‘what is vascular occlusion?’. Over the last ten years the use of dermal fillers has risen exponentially. They have been regarded as a relatively safe way to alter your face.…