This may seem like a strange question to you because the two are rarely compared but if you’ve been following beauty news on the weekend you’ll know why I’m asking.
Jennifer Lopez, announced her beauty line, aptly named JLo Beauty, on Thursday with an Instagram video.
The video describes how Lopez developed the line, including the formulation. She describes how Olive Oil is the key to her glow. However, some fans are convinced there’s something more to Lopez’s personal skin-care regimen.
Jennifer Lopez, whilst being a talented singer, dancer and actress is also a beauty icon. Most people can agree that she looks incredible for her age but a lot of people also pinned that down to a little help from botox and fillers.
And her fans weren’t shy about expressing that viewpoint directly on the announcement video’s comment section.
One simply stated, “Botox galore!” while others acknowledged her good genes, but remained skeptical of her limited facial creases: “good gene ok, but no little lines on the face is impossible.”
The other problem? Lopez denies having gotten any work done on her face replying to the comments saying, “I have never done Botox. These are my real skincare secrets …” and “sorry baby no I haven’t ever used [Botox and fillers]. This is what I use I hope you enjoy. Also a joyful heart helps.”
Even the experts are a little suspicious
A few of the dermatologists I have worked with and follow on Instagram are a little skeptical of her claims. Board certified dermatologist, Dr Marisa Garshick MD FAAD, made her own post which summarised how she feels about this topic.
Twitter didn’t take to kindly to Lopez’s claims either.
So, did she get it or not? Well, no one knows and we probably won’t but her skincare line is dropping tomorrow – so the timing of the question isn’t just a coincidence.
Will you look like JLo if you buy JLo beauty? I can say with 100% confidence – no. Don’t buy it because you want to look like her, buy it because you read the INCI and you think it could work for you.
Photos via JLo Beauty
- Can You Use Glycolic Acid Everyday?It is generally not recommended to use glycolic acid every day, as it can be irritating to the skin. It is typically used once or twice a week. However, the frequency of use may vary depending on the concentration of the glycolic acid and the specific product that you are using. It is important to […]
- My Top 5 Christmas Beauty Gifts 2022The 1st of December can only mean one thing, its Christmas gift guide day! Every year the anxiety inducing panic of gift buying commences and every year, I try to help you distinguish what is actually worthwhile, with a well research ‘Christmas beauty gift guide’. Before we begin let me remind you of how I […]
- Is Botox Regulated In The UK? Professionals Agree That Regulation of the Aesthetics Sector Must Now Become a PriorityBy Dr Cormac Convery Contrary to popular myth, most people do not approach the medical intervention of aesthetic surgery lightly. Rather, they are seeking a practical and permanent solution to an issue which has been adversely affecting their lives. In the overwhelming majority of procedures carried out by sensible, qualified professionals, this is exactly the […]
- CurrentBody, LED Mask ReviewIn today’s hot seat is CurrentBody’s Skin LED Light Therapy Mask, also known as the mask loved by Kristin Davis, Kaley Cuoco, Suki Waterhouse, Nina Garcia, Oscar nominee Carey Mulligan and many more. Before, CurrentBody sent me this mask, I had never used LED skincare before. I like to play skincare safely. I don’t use […]
- In Conversation With Nichola Joss, Lymphatic Drainage Massage ExpertIt was an uncharacteristically hot day in London when I went to visit Nichola Joss at the Mandarin Oriental. Nichola and I first met during a consultation through the online service Get Harley (which you can read more about here). I was testing the service for a blog post and wasn’t sure what to expect. […]