This may seem like a strange question to you because the two are rarely compared but if you’ve been following beauty news on the weekend you’ll know why I’m asking.
Jennifer Lopez, announced her beauty line, aptly named JLo Beauty, on Thursday with an Instagram video.
The video describes how Lopez developed the line, including the formulation. She describes how Olive Oil is the key to her glow. However, some fans are convinced there’s something more to Lopez’s personal skin-care regimen.
Jennifer Lopez, whilst being a talented singer, dancer and actress is also a beauty icon. Most people can agree that she looks incredible for her age but a lot of people also pinned that down to a little help from botox and fillers.
And her fans weren’t shy about expressing that viewpoint directly on the announcement video’s comment section.
One simply stated, “Botox galore!” while others acknowledged her good genes, but remained skeptical of her limited facial creases: “good gene ok, but no little lines on the face is impossible.”
The other problem? Lopez denies having gotten any work done on her face replying to the comments saying, “I have never done Botox. These are my real skincare secrets …” and “sorry baby no I haven’t ever used [Botox and fillers]. This is what I use I hope you enjoy. Also a joyful heart helps.”
Even the experts are a little suspicious
A few of the dermatologists I have worked with and follow on Instagram are a little skeptical of her claims. Board certified dermatologist, Dr Marisa Garshick MD FAAD, made her own post which summarised how she feels about this topic.
Twitter didn’t take to kindly to Lopez’s claims either.
So, did she get it or not? Well, no one knows and we probably won’t but her skincare line is dropping tomorrow – so the timing of the question isn’t just a coincidence.
Will you look like JLo if you buy JLo beauty? I can say with 100% confidence – no. Don’t buy it because you want to look like her, buy it because you read the INCI and you think it could work for you.
Photos via JLo Beauty
- Krave Beauty’s Beet Shield Fails SPF TestKrave Beauty’s Beet Shield has failed an SPF Test, it has announced on a statement on its Instagram page. Read the statement for yourself below: The brand claimed they decided to conduct their own (independent from their manufacturer) test to verify the protection in their products. They partnered with multiple 3rd party lab’s based in…
- What Is Kojic Acid? The Essential Skincare AlphabetKojic acid is a relatively new up and coming skincare ingredient. The reason for this, I believe, is because of the sudden interest in treating skin pigmentation conditions using acids. What is Kojic acid? In short, it’s a by-product of the aerobic process of carbohydrates. However, this is a beauty blog, so that is probably…
- How To Apply Sunscreen CorrectlyIf you’re wondering why I’m writing ‘How To Apply Sunscreen Correctly’, I am going to direct you to read this article first. It felt a little cruel to write that piece and then leave you in the dark about the correct way to look after your skin. So, here’s a quick article on the most…
- Rare Beauty New Eyeshadow’s Are HereFind out everything about the new Rare Beauty launch and how to win your own!
- What Is Jojoba Oil? The Essential Skincare AlphabetJojoba oil is an extremely well used ingredient in the cosmetic industry. The reason for this is pretty simple, it has excellent oxidative stability (1). What this means, is that it will take a long time before it will go rancid. Thus, it is particularly useful for being kept on a shelf. Additionally, this quality…