This may seem like a strange question to you because the two are rarely compared but if you’ve been following beauty news on the weekend you’ll know why I’m asking.
Jennifer Lopez, announced her beauty line, aptly named JLo Beauty, on Thursday with an Instagram video.
The video describes how Lopez developed the line, including the formulation. She describes how Olive Oil is the key to her glow. However, some fans are convinced there’s something more to Lopez’s personal skin-care regimen.
Jennifer Lopez, whilst being a talented singer, dancer and actress is also a beauty icon. Most people can agree that she looks incredible for her age but a lot of people also pinned that down to a little help from botox and fillers.
And her fans weren’t shy about expressing that viewpoint directly on the announcement video’s comment section.
One simply stated, “Botox galore!” while others acknowledged her good genes, but remained skeptical of her limited facial creases: “good gene ok, but no little lines on the face is impossible.”
The other problem? Lopez denies having gotten any work done on her face replying to the comments saying, “I have never done Botox. These are my real skincare secrets …” and “sorry baby no I haven’t ever used [Botox and fillers]. This is what I use I hope you enjoy. Also a joyful heart helps.”
Even the experts are a little suspicious
A few of the dermatologists I have worked with and follow on Instagram are a little skeptical of her claims. Board certified dermatologist, Dr Marisa Garshick MD FAAD, made her own post which summarised how she feels about this topic.
Twitter didn’t take to kindly to Lopez’s claims either.
So, did she get it or not? Well, no one knows and we probably won’t but her skincare line is dropping tomorrow – so the timing of the question isn’t just a coincidence.
Will you look like JLo if you buy JLo beauty? I can say with 100% confidence – no. Don’t buy it because you want to look like her, buy it because you read the INCI and you think it could work for you.
Photos via JLo Beauty
- SkinStore Latest Skincare DealsSkinStore, apart of the Look Fantastic group, is growing in prominence and has been over the past 10 years. I was shocked to discover they’d been around for 24 years! You may be wondering why one online beauty retailer decided to diverge? What is SkinStore’s USP? Well, apparently it’s the number one destination for premium beauty,…
- 20 Of The Most Popular Perfumes, According To TikTok To many, perfume is the most intimate way of expressing your inner self and truest personality. Although scent is subjective to taste, there are several fragrances that have gone viral due to their unique scents. So, here are the most popular perfumes ever (this is highly subjective and is based on a small data set). Interested…
- Best Christmas Skincare Gifts 2021On Science and Skincare, this time of year only means one thing, Christmas Skincare Gift guide. This years is really good, even if I do say so myself. I have been speaking, testing, investigating brands and products for the whole of November. Now I’m confident in the fact that I’ve created a unique skincare guide,…
- In Conversation With Brook Harvey Taylor, Founder Of PacificaBrook Harvey Taylor has been in the beauty game for quite some time. She launched a beauty brand in 1996, with the ethos that it had to be good for the planet, good for animals and good for the customer. Hence, her brand is cruelty free, vegan and clean. Who can argue with these noble…
- The Ordinary Skincare Quiz, Part 2The original Ordinary skincare quiz has been such a hit on Science and Skincare that I knew I had to make another. But this time it’s bigger and therefore better. I’ve added the entire catalogue of The Ordinary products to this quiz’s database so I can give you better recommendations. I’ve also refined the formula…