American actress, singer, and television personality Keke Palmer has opened up about what it’s like to have acne caused by polycystic ovary syndrome.
Polycystic ovary syndrome is a condition that affects how the ovaries work and the symptoms of it include irregular periods, facial hair and difficulty getting pregnant.
Just a few days ago Palmer posted to her social media page to show her skin without makeup during an acne flare-up.
Palmer’s struggles are something that I’m sure many of us can sympathise with because it is a difficult process to try and explain just how much something can have an affect on you.
This is often the case with skincare because people tend to get frustrated with no change when they’ve tried everything that has been suggested for them.
Her post raised this point saying, “my skin has made me sad many nights but I do not give up on myself. I know this is not me and my body has been looking for help. I do not have a medical degree but I did the research and took what I learned to a doctor and that led them to a proper diagnosis.”
Palmer is frequently outspoken about her experience with acne
Palmer should be applauded for her candidness when its comes to her own skin problems and this isn’t the first time she’s spoken about it.
Her willingness to talk about the ups and downs of having acne, which can be similar for many skin problems, will help a lot of people who experience the same thing.
In November she tweeted “I hate how unexplained acne is & how it has about 15 million causes” and “everyone’s acne is aggravated by something different. You can have the best products, drink a gallon of water w/ ‘lemon’ but if you have PCOS that won’t help.”
This advice from someone with a large following is essential as it shows those suffering with a similar problem that it’s not always easy to fix the problem and in some cases its very difficult to find a solution because the cause can vary greatly from person to person. But more importantly, its OK if you don’t find a solution overnight.
The key is to keep trying.
Photos via Keke Palmers Instagram
- Bubble Skincare Is Now In WalmartBubble Skincare is the fast growing beauty brand that is now available in Walmart. However, this may be the first time you’re hearing about this brand. It is relatively new, it launched in November 2020. Also, if you’re not a teenager, this may not be the brand for you. It’s…
- What Is Butylene Glycol In Skincare?Butylene Glycol plays a very important role in skincare. It improves the texture and penetrability of your skincare. Butylene Glycol summary This ingredient is commonly used in skincare because it has a few important uses. These include enhancing the stability of a formula, the penetrability and the texture. It may…
- Kumiko Skincare Partners With Ricky MartinKumiko Skincare has signed a partnership deal with singer Ricky Martin. The deal will see Martin advertise for the brand for the next three years. Kumiko, a brand founded by Catalina Aguirre. Aguirre worked in media for 15 years before switching gears and delving into her other passion, aesthetics. In…
- Skincare Products With Benzoyl Peroxide In ThemIf you’ve struggled with acne you’ll know what Benzoyl Peroxide is. It’s a gold standard in the acne world. The strongest active in the fight against acne, is generally how it is referred to. But I’m sure you know that. This post is not an explainer but simply a reliable…
- Proven Skincare, The AI-Based Custom Skincare BrandIf you’ve tried every product under the sun and haven’t found what you’re looking for, Proven Skincare maybe your answer. In recent years skincare has been undergoing a dramatic transformation. Due mainly to the pressure to do so, skincare is getting more advanced. Education has been at the forefront of…