On Thursday Matt Hancock, the Health Secretary, confirmed the ‘stay at home’ order would end next Wednesday December 2, and gyms, non-essential shops and personal care can all reopen but what does this mean for each tier?
The above tweet is the generalised sentiment that many of us feel since the announcement of the new tier system yesterday by Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
The new, stricter system will see 99 percent of England in the top two alert levels of ‘high’ and ‘very high’.
We have known that the tiered system would make a comeback following the end of the national lockdown on December 2 but the logic behind which places belong to which tiers doesn’t seem to make sense and this is beginning to worry people as their business need to fully open again to survive.
The big question – are beauty salons open in Tier 3?
Yes they are allowed to open.
The Government has confirmed as part of its Covid winter plan, the ‘personal care’ sector is allowed to reopen.
This means hair, nail, and beauty salons across the country can begin operating again on December 2.
This will be a huge relief for those working in the beauty industry, which has been treated very poorly by the government through this pandemic.
- My Top 5 Christmas Beauty Gifts 2022The 1st of December can only mean one thing, its Christmas gift guide day! Every year the anxiety inducing panic of gift buying commences and every year, I try to help you distinguish what is actually worthwhile, with a well research ‘Christmas beauty gift guide’. Before we begin let me remind you of how I […]
- Is Botox Regulated In The UK? Professionals Agree That Regulation of the Aesthetics Sector Must Now Become a PriorityBy Dr Cormac Convery Contrary to popular myth, most people do not approach the medical intervention of aesthetic surgery lightly. Rather, they are seeking a practical and permanent solution to an issue which has been adversely affecting their lives. In the overwhelming majority of procedures carried out by sensible, qualified professionals, this is exactly the […]
- CurrentBody, LED Mask ReviewIn today’s hot seat is CurrentBody’s Skin LED Light Therapy Mask, also known as the mask loved by Kristin Davis, Kaley Cuoco, Suki Waterhouse, Nina Garcia, Oscar nominee Carey Mulligan and many more. Before, CurrentBody sent me this mask, I had never used LED skincare before. I like to play skincare safely. I don’t use […]
- In Conversation With Nichola Joss, Lymphatic Drainage Massage ExpertIt was an uncharacteristically hot day in London when I went to visit Nichola Joss at the Mandarin Oriental. Nichola and I first met during a consultation through the online service Get Harley (which you can read more about here). I was testing the service for a blog post and wasn’t sure what to expect. […]
- AXIS Y Skincare, Korean Skincare ReviewIt has been far too long since I last posted. And even longer since a review was posted on Science and Skincare. However, six months since my last article and I’m ready to share some thoughts on the Korean Skincare brand AXIS Y. AXIS Y is a climate inspired, community focused skincare brand hailing from […]