On Thursday Matt Hancock, the Health Secretary, confirmed the ‘stay at home’ order would end next Wednesday December 2, and gyms, non-essential shops and personal care can all reopen but what does this mean for each tier?
The above tweet is the generalised sentiment that many of us feel since the announcement of the new tier system yesterday by Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
The new, stricter system will see 99 percent of England in the top two alert levels of ‘high’ and ‘very high’.
We have known that the tiered system would make a comeback following the end of the national lockdown on December 2 but the logic behind which places belong to which tiers doesn’t seem to make sense and this is beginning to worry people as their business need to fully open again to survive.
The big question – are beauty salons open in Tier 3?
Yes they are allowed to open.
The Government has confirmed as part of its Covid winter plan, the ‘personal care’ sector is allowed to reopen.
This means hair, nail, and beauty salons across the country can begin operating again on December 2.
This will be a huge relief for those working in the beauty industry, which has been treated very poorly by the government through this pandemic.
- Krave Beauty’s Beet Shield Fails SPF TestKrave Beauty’s Beet Shield has failed an SPF Test, it has announced on a statement on its Instagram page. Read the statement for yourself below: The brand claimed they decided to conduct their own (independent from their manufacturer) test to verify the protection in their products. They partnered with multiple 3rd party lab’s based in…
- What Is Kojic Acid? The Essential Skincare AlphabetKojic acid is a relatively new up and coming skincare ingredient. The reason for this, I believe, is because of the sudden interest in treating skin pigmentation conditions using acids. What is Kojic acid? In short, it’s a by-product of the aerobic process of carbohydrates. However, this is a beauty blog, so that is probably…
- How To Apply Sunscreen CorrectlyIf you’re wondering why I’m writing ‘How To Apply Sunscreen Correctly’, I am going to direct you to read this article first. It felt a little cruel to write that piece and then leave you in the dark about the correct way to look after your skin. So, here’s a quick article on the most…
- Rare Beauty New Eyeshadow’s Are HereFind out everything about the new Rare Beauty launch and how to win your own!
- What Is Jojoba Oil? The Essential Skincare AlphabetJojoba oil is an extremely well used ingredient in the cosmetic industry. The reason for this is pretty simple, it has excellent oxidative stability (1). What this means, is that it will take a long time before it will go rancid. Thus, it is particularly useful for being kept on a shelf. Additionally, this quality…