CurrentBody, the home beauty device retailer, has struck a worldwide exclusive deal with L’Oreal to continue selling best-selling Clarisonic devices and brush heads.
There was an instantaneous clamour for devices and brush heads as consumers panicked that their beloved cleansing tool would be no more and that their dedicated daily skincare routines would be disrupted.
However, the panic can subside (for now) because you can still buy them – seriously.
CurrentBody, a UK based, home device retailer, worked closely with Clarisonic’s owners to reach a global stock agreement that would allow CurrentBody to meet the anticipated significant demand for both devices and brush heads.
Laurence Newman, CEO and Co-Founder of CurrentBody says “Whilst L’Oréal have chosen to moveaway from cleansing devices for the time being, home use beauty tech remains our specialism and of course, our entire focus. We have had a strong relationship with our partners at L’Oréal over many years and have reached an agreement that will see us maintain product on most key lines for years to come.
Having worked on Clarisonic since the early days we know how important the device is to
people’s daily lives and whilst there are other solutions available, nothing really comes close, so the customer reaction was no surprise to us and we are agile enough to react”.
Newman continues “home use devices don’t work for everyone’s skin but in Clarisonic, with the right advice coupled with clinically proven technology, has shown to be one of the most significant skin care products of the last decade.”
CurrentBody has 12 websites globally, a pop up in London and a flagship store in China and aims to continue to provide support to consumers via their dedicated customer service team, and hopes to give assurances with a subscription model for brush heads and other consumables.
Photos courtesy of Clarisonic
- How To Apply Sunscreen CorrectlyIf you’re wondering why I’m writing ‘How To Apply Sunscreen Correctly’, I am going to direct you to read this article first. It felt a little cruel to write that piece and then leave you in the dark about the correct way to look after your skin. So, here’s a quick article on the most…
- Rare Beauty New Eyeshadow’s Are HereFind out everything about the new Rare Beauty launch and how to win your own!
- What Is Jojoba Oil? The Essential Skincare AlphabetJojoba oil is an extremely well used ingredient in the cosmetic industry. The reason for this is pretty simple, it has excellent oxidative stability (1). What this means, is that it will take a long time before it will go rancid. Thus, it is particularly useful for being kept on a shelf. Additionally, this quality…
- Why Gwyneth Paltrow’s Sunscreen Application Is WrongIt’s been confirmed by several Dermatologists, in the past 24 hours. Gwyneth Paltrow’s sunscreen application is DEAD WRONG and is dangerous. You may be wondering what they hell I’m talking about, so just pause and watch this: If you’re really into skincare you may have noticed a few things wrong with what she says in…
- MakeUp Geeks Relaunches Full Spectrum EyelinersMakeUp Geeks has relaunched its Full Spectrum Eyeliners and not everyone is happy about it. In 2019, the social media fuelled brand, decided to completely rebrand themselves. Why? Well, CEO Marlena Stell told Beauty Independent: ‘With the ROI not being very good, everyone is scrambling to figure out how to market’. Referring to social media…