My top 6 items everyone with good skins packs with them on a long haul flight. Keep reading to find out what they are!
Being on a plane is like being in the Sahara desert because the presurized environment literally sucks mouistre out of your skin leaving it dry and dull. On top of that many people undergo anxiety increasing stress hormones which lead to redness and acne. Couple that with eye irritating allergens in the air and you have a recipe for disaster.
Below are my tried and tested products that help combat these issues.
- Eye cream – my personal fave eye cream is Kiehls Creamy Avocado Eye Cream (£20). The key ingredient here is the avocado famous in skincare products for its ablity to hydrate. This will really help you combat irritated eyes.
- Moistureizer with SPF to reduce the stress you skin undegoes from UV rays the sun emits through the windows – I choose Josie Maran Argan Daily SPF 47 (£41.14 for 4.0 oz, avaliable on Paula’s choice). This is a great one because it has a good amount of SPF and it’s natural. Not only that it is fast absorbing and non greasy which is a plus for hydrating products.
- Micellar water – I talk about this in almost every post because it is such a good way to cleanse your skin. It is not harsh and is hydrating yet leaves your skin really, really clean! Any micellar cleanser you like or that works well with your skin is fine. Just make sure you have some and there is no excuse now there are travel size versions avaliable.
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream (£14). This is really very hydrating and can be used in multiple ways from your lips to around your nose. Keeping the area around your nose well mouistreized may help prevent you from getting a cold.
- A Sheet Mask – any hydrating mask will do, most of them tend to work in the same way. MISSHAPEN Hyaluronic Acid Real Essential Sheet Mask (£2.50, Beautybay.com) is the one that I use. You can use these whilst your sleeping or before you put on your cream as an extra, much needed surge of hydration.
- An exfoliate – Any good exfoliate for your skin type. It is extremely important to remove any impurities or dead skin so your skin can benefit from the products your applying. This will increase the rate of absorbtion, so you will need less product to get good results.
Lastly it is important to mention that you should stay away from complimentry alcohol and coffee. Stick to water even if it’s hard. Your skin needs it. Also try and wear little or no makeup to allow your skin to breathe and absorb the benefits of the products.
Hope this helped. X